Here are the site’s most popular posts: (As determined by views, shares, comments and media attention)
- Dear daughter, let Miley Cyrus be a lesson to you.
Dear daughter, let Miley Cyrus be a lesson to you. Yes, this is what happens when you constantly hear everything you do is awesome. This is what happens when people fawn over your every Tweet and Instagram photo. This is what happens when no responsible adult has ever said the word “no,” made you change […]
- Texas officials upset over low STAAR scores; won’t admit problems with the test and curriculum.
Low standardized test scores have nothing to do with our children or teachers; blame the god-awful tests, standards and curriculum.
- 9 reasons why Texas parents should be raising Cain over standardized testing
Your child will spend 24 hours taking year-end standardized tests; that’s roughly the same amount of time she’ll spend in art class all year long. A Texas elementary school student endures roughly 24 hours of solid […]
- Dear teachers, I owe you an apology
Dear Teachers, I owe you an apology. From the deepest level of my heart, I am so sorry for misjudging you. This is what happens when a person bases her opinion about a school solely on test scores. This is what happens when a person judges an entire profession based on news stories about a […]
Faith and Inspiration
- What your friends with cancer want you know (but are afraid to say)
If someone you love has cancer, they probably won’t be completely open about what they’re going through because they’re trying so hard to be strong. For you. However, there are 10 things they wish they could say.
- 5 things about girls I want my son to understand before he starts really liking them
I’m battling a culture that wants my little boy to experience shallow relationships and think the world revolves around him. It’s a battle I’m fighting with everything I’ve got. He’s precious to me – and so are the girls who will be in his life. My son is 9-years-old, and he still thinks it’s fun […]
- Lawsuit alleges Claus promotes hostile and unsafe work environment in shelf-elf program
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a lawsuit today against the Keller family and Santa Claus alleging they violated federal civil rights laws by permitting a hostile work environment filled with health and safety violations for Jerry Jingle, a student intern with Claus’s Elf on the Shelf […]