Kim Keller, the writer behind Real People Activism and Roadkill Goldfish, was voted Outstanding Community Voice Columnist of the Year by readers and other columnists of the Dallas Morning News.
Here are a few of their comments:
- “Kim Keller is a passionate writer who captures the essence of the moment and writes with her heart.”
- “Kim Keller is wonderfully relatable. Great voice for the community.”
- “Kim Keller’s finger is not only on the keys of her keyboard, but also on the pulse of societal norms and dysfunctional behavior of the world around us. She is a breath of “tell it like you see it” honesty that is fresh and empowering to us all!”
The award was presented earlier this month at the newspaper’s office. Participants in the Voices program, which include both adults and teens, are chosen by editors and serve for one year.
Keller’s columns include:
- Cancer truths – 10 things cancer patients want you to know
- Don’t share this column before reading it
- Why I give my children permission to make mistakes
- Can we get rid of the grown-ups in youth sports?
- Frisco YMCA program helps cancer survivors rebuild their strength
- Four things high school freshmen need to know NOW