Kim Keller equips audiences with the tools they need to stand up, speak out and effect change in today’s media and cultural environments.
She’s a writer, speaker, college instructor and butt-kicking survivor who’s built a reputation for her expertise and her honest, compassionate, funny and bold speaking style.
Kim is best known for her work as the author of Roadkill Goldfish, a current events and culture blog that has racked up more than 7 million readers since its start in 2013. Her top posts focus on real issues that many in today’s society are afraid to address. She uses a mix of hard facts, humor and personal experience to present an honest look at these situations and get people talking.
In addition to blogging, Kim is an award-winning media and public relations professional with more than 20 years of experience. She currently teaches journalism and public relations courses for the University of Memphis and has been a guest columnist for Fox News Latino and the Dallas Morning News.
On a personal note, Kim has a mild case of obsessive-compulsive disorder and an intense commitment to do the right thing. She is a cancer survivor, an honest advocate for people with depression, and the imperfect mom of a teen girl and a tween boy.
Her passions are media, education, faith, daring greatly and empowering others to let their voices be heard.
Kim has been a guest on shows such as “Piers Morgan Live,”” Fox and Friends,” “Good Morning America,” BBC’s “Have Your Say,” and numerous talk radio programs throughout the United States and Canada.
Kim is a motivational speaker and media speaker. Her diverse background and professional expertise enable her to speak knowledgeably about topics she regularly covers on Roadkill Goldfish. These topics include education reform, the influence of media and culture, living with cancer, the First Amendment and speaking out, and much more.
Her most popular presentations are:
- Social Media 101 for Parents: A 60-minute look at how parents and children can have a positive relationship with today’s social media platforms. This presentation contains addresses safety and security basics, overview of popular and dangerous apps, legal and ethical issues, and resources for parents.
- Mamas, Dramas and Messy Media: This 60-minute presentation looks at how today’s media and culture impact our kids and what parents can do to fight back. It features information on the influence of marketing, media and culture watchdogs, psychological impacts, ratings systems, and how to effectively change the scene.
- “Wow, that is a super mom.”
– Glenn Beck, Television and radio host, author
- “I am excited about sharing my support for Kim Keller; her Christian family values are not just words but foundational to her life that guide her choices. It is a joy to see Kim and her family involved in the ministry of our church each week. Once you hear her speak you will sense her passion and know her heart.”
– Steve Stege, Executive pastor of Frisco Baptist Church
- “Kim is an engaging and entertaining speaker and writer. I’ve known her to be able to draw tears in one sentence and great laughs in another. She is motivating and very informed.”
– Darin, Chief gratitude officer at Odonata Coaching
- “I am very pleased to endorse Kim Keller as a truly gifted public speaker .Kim has an engaging stage presence and is able to command her audience’s attention in a likeable, friendly way. Her delivery style, attention to detail and warm sense of humor make her an ideal speaker for sharing complex information in a nonthreatening way (or sharing simple information while avoiding the pitfall of insulting an audience’s intelligence).
- Kim’s dedication to strong personal values and concern for others come through in her delivery, making her a credible and likeable source of information. Feedback on her speaking was always very positive.”
– Dave, VP of Communications for United Way of the Mid-South
- “Kim not only is a wealth of well-researched information, but she has a true gift for communicating that information in a way that is both authentic and relatable. In addition, she did a beautiful job integrating biblical truth within her messages. The women of our church fully enjoyed both her presentations, which were informative, engaging, encouraging, and challenging – a wonderful and rare combination indeed. I would highly recommend Kim Keller to any church or organization considering her as an event speaker.”
– Jennifer Bryant, Director of women’s ministry at Frisco Baptist Church
Here’s a partial list of some of Kim’s previous engagements:
Civic and Community Organizations
- Memphis Police Academy (Tennessee)
- Miss America Organization (Tennessee)
- United Way of the Mid-South Speakers Bureau (Tennessee)
- Rotary Club (North Carolina)
- St. Jude Children’s Medical Center/ALSAC (Tennessee)
- The Volunteer Center of Memphis (Tennessee)
Companies and Professional Organizations
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (Tennessee)
- BlueCross BlueShield (North Carolina)
- FedEx Television (Global)
- Hilton Worldwide (Tennessee)
- International Paper (Tennessee)
- Methodist Hospitals (Tennessee)
- North Carolina Small Business Network (North Carolina)
- Talecris Biotherapeutics (North Carolina)
- Durham Technical Community College (North Carolina)
- Frisco HIS (Texas)
- Pebble Creek Montessori School (Texas)
- University of Memphis (Tennessee)
- Wayne Community College (North Carolina)
Faith Based Organizations
- Bellevue Baptist Church (Tennessee)
- First Baptist Church of Frisco Youth Ministry (Texas)
- Frisco Bible Church Women’s Ministry (Texas)
- First Baptist Church of Frisco Youth Ministry (Texas)
- MomsNext (Texas)
- Mothers of Preschoolers (Texas)
- Raleigh Road Baptist Church Children’s Ministry (North Carolina)
Interested in working with Kim as a speaker? Please send some details about your event. (Please note Kim is based in Dallas, Texas. Travel and lodging considerations apply to locations outside this area.)