Would you like your business to be known as one that really cares about women, families and kids?
You may wish to sponsor a Roadkill Goldfish speaking appearance and bring me to your group.
Sponsors receive recognition on all promotional materials and handouts. They are also recognized and thanked as sponsors during the actual presentation.
Learn more about me as a speaker:
Social Media 101 for Parents
A 60-minute look at how parents and children can have a positive relationship with today’s social media platforms. This presentation contains addresses:
- Types of social media platforms available today
- Statistics on who uses them and how they’re used
- The basics online safety and security
- An in-depth look at how teens and tweens use social media
- Social media’s most dangerous platforms
- Legal and ethical issues
- How to set safety features on today’s most used social media outlets such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Resources for parents such as filtering and monitoring software, smartphone features and apps, online information and more
Mamas, Dramas and Messy Media
This 60-minute presentation looks at how today’s media and culture impact our kids and what parents can do to fight back. It features information on:
- How culture reached new lows- hypersexualization, desensitization and the spiral of silence
- The influence of marketing
- Society’s media and culture watchdogs
- The Federal Communications Commission and indecency
- How ratings systems for television, movies and music REALLY work
- Overview of the current tween and teen culture scene
- Social media use and issues
- Books and literature issues with personal and school-required reading
- Fashion influence
- Psychological impacts on teens and tweens
- The truth about boycotts
- What parents can do at home to mediate media and culture’s influence
Other topics include include education reform, the influence of media and culture, living with cancer, the First Amendment and speaking out, and much more. Presentations can be customized to meet your particular audience’s needs.
Please contact me via the Booking Request for details, fee and availability.